Cave Creek

Buying a home in Cave Creek, or anywhere in the North Valley can be different from what people from other parts of the Valley or the country are use to.  In Cave Creek there are 2 distinct different types of property.

Buying a home in Cave Creek

Buying a Home in Cave Creek

The 1st type of property:

The first type of property is the type that people originally came for, open spaces with spectacular views and lots of room for horses.  Some of these properties are located with in an HOA and others have no restrictions.  Some of these homes are actual working “Dude Ranches” where you can spend the night in a bed and breakfast atmosphere and have lots of fun.  Then, you have the private type of horse property with a fully functional horse set up including stalls, arenas and walkers.  Lastly when it comes to horse property, there are the homes that have horse privileges, are usually located on more than an acre, but have never had horses.

Buying a Home in Cave Creek

Neighborhood Living

The 2nd type of property:

The second type of property is what most of us think of when looking for a home.  So what makes buying a home in Cave Creek different?  Well, since the area has exploded in the last 15 years, most every home in this category is in the middle of and governed by an HOA.  You will hear pros and cons about HOA’s, but for most people the pros will out weigh the cons.  I would say the biggest con a person will say is “I don’t want someone telling me what I can do on my property that I own”!  While that is understandable, HOA’s mostly try to weed out the things that will or may effect the value of the properties of the area.  For instance, making sure people mow their yard, keep the shrubs trimmed, don’t line their windows with Aluminum Foil (and yes I have seen that done in neighborhoods where the average home is over $500,000) or paint the exterior of their home when it needs it.  These are all items that can effect the value of your home when prospective new home buyers enter a neighborhood.  At some point in the vast boom of our Valley, the City of Phoenix decided when they were going to approve zoning for new neighborhoods that the city no longer wanted to take on the burden go maintaining the streets, there for making and HOA necessary so someone could manage the funds to do the regular maintenance when needed.  

One of the greatest options about the neighborhoods when buying a home in Cave Creek:

One of the greatest options about the neighborhoods when buying a home in Cave Creek is that there are a few subdivisions that hone of the homes back to one another.  For instance, in Dove Valley Ranch and Calina del Norte, none of the homes back to one another.  As in the picture above, there are buffer areas behind the homes, that make it feel like your home is on an acre or larger lot, yet you only have to maintain the confines of your personal lot.  Lastly, one to the options that have come into play in the last few years is gated neighborhoods.  In the early 1990’s gated neighborhoods were exclusive for homes over $1,000,000, but in Cave Creek, you can find a home in the $250,000 range and condos under $200,00 in these neighborhoods.

If you are thinking of buying or selling your home in Dove Valley Ranch, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, or North Phoenix Area, please call Dean Hoppes at 480-818-2039 or click here and fill out our short info sheet and we will contact you ASAP.  Dean Guarantees You: “The Most Amount of Money in the Shortest Amount of Time With the Fewest Amount of Hassles!”

Search Cave Creek Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 5675468
$395,000
Cave Creek, AZ
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Liberty Properties & Associate ARMLS
Featured picture for the property 5675431
$595,000
Cave Creek, AZ
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Everyday Investments Realty ARMLS
Featured picture for the property 5675156
$525,000
Cave Creek, AZ
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Morgan Taylor Realty ARMLS
Featured picture for the property 5675073
$396,000
Cave Creek, AZ
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of RE/MAX Fine Properties ARMLS
Featured picture for the property 5674931
$429,990
Cave Creek, AZ
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Lennar Sales Corp ARMLS
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed.

The ARMLS Logo indicates a property listed by a real estate brokerage other than ours.
© 2017 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.

Listing Information Current As Of Oct 18, 2017 4:22:am

Today's Market Trends for Cave Creek *

$712,120

0.02%

$226.0000

0.01%

0.01%

September

August

0.02%

-0.08%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable